Accessibility and Assistance
Porter Airlines offers special services for all customers that require assistance at the airport and onboard any Porter flight.
- Wheelchair, regular (WCHR) - Passenger with reduced mobility who can walk up and down stairs and is able to walk short distances. The passenger is accommodated with a wheelchair to/from the aircraft door.
- Wheelchair, stairs (WCHS) - Passenger with reduced mobility who cannot walk up or down stairs. The passenger is accommodated with a wheelchair to/from the aircraft door and is assisted into the aircraft through use of a boarding wheelchair.
- Wheelchair, confined (WCHC) - Passenger is immobile and must be assisted on and off the aircraft in a boarding wheelchair. Passenger’s wheelchair can be checked in at the counter or at the gate. The passenger wheelchair does not count as part of their baggage allowance.
- Visual impairment (BLND) - Passenger is visually impaired and is assisted on and off the aircraft.
- Hearing impairment (DEAF) - Passenger is hearing impaired and is assisted on and off the aircraft.
- Language difficulty (LANG) - Persons who do not speak English or French may request special assistance.
- Service animal (SRVA) - Service dogs are accepted on board the aircraft free of charge and must travel at the feet of their owner. Passengers travelling with their service animal should carry service animal support documentation for presentation to authorities during their travel.
- Meet and assist (MAAS) - A passenger can ask for special assistance. Examples include passengers with multiple children, passengers with a mental impairment, elderly not requiring a wheelchair, young person travelling alone.
- Portable Oxygen Concentrator (OXYG) - Passenger relies on the use of their own portable oxygen concentrator for all or a portion of their flight. For details related to the conditions of carriage of a POC, please follow this link: Request To Operate POC
- Extra Seat (EXST) - Passengers who are requesting additional seating for reasons of disability caused by obesity. This request applies only to domestic flights within Canada. For details related to these requests, please follow this link: Request For Additional Seating For Self.
- Attendant (ATTD) - Passengers who are requesting additional seating for an attendant for reasons of disability. This request applies only to domestic flights within Canada. Attendants must be physically capable of assisting the passenger with their personal and physical needs during all aspects of travel with Porter. For this reason, attendants may not travel with both a passenger requiring an attendant and a child under 12 years of age. For further details related to these requests, please follow this link: Request for Additional Seating For An Attendant.
- Nut Free Cabin Zone (NFCZ) - While Porter is pleased to assist passengers with allergies, we cannot guarantee an allergen-free environment given the public nature of our aircraft. With 48 hours notice, we will remove nut products from our in-flight service menu and assign seating in a buffer zone where passengers are requested not to consume any nut product. Despite our efforts, nut product residue may continue to be present in the cabin, other onboard food items may contain trace elements of nuts and other passengers may bring aboard food items containing nut products or residue. For this reason, passengers with a nut allergy are strongly encouraged to take all necessary medical precautions to prepare for the possibility of exposure.
Many hotels provide room accommodation special services upon request. However, the requested services are not guaranteed to be available for your stay. Prior to booking, please ensure that the hotel of your choice offers the required service. Add special service requests to your hotel accommodations by contacting a Porter Escapes Travel Planner at 1-855-372-1100 or email email@example.com.
Some features that the hotels may offer are:
- Accessible washrooms
- Roll in showers
- In-room accessibility for the deaf
- Disabled parking
- Braille or raised Signage
- Wheelchair accessible ramp